Maternity Cover for Creative Producer at Bath Dance
A 6-9 month freelance contract for maternity cover of the Creative Producer at Bath Dance, supporting dance development in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
Bath Dance has recently been successful in receiving ACE funding for the next two years. This post will continue to deliver this next phase whilst the current Creative Producer is on Maternity leave.
|Job title:||Maternity Cover for Bath Dance Creative Producer|
|Department/School:||Bath Dance, hosted at The Edge, University of Bath|
|Length of contract:||Temporary Freelance contract, 6-9 months from April 2018
3 days per week (22.5 hrs a week, including weekends and evenings as appropriate.)
£27,000 pro rata (project fee: £8,100- £12,150 dependent on length of maternity taken)
|Location:||Hosted at The Edge, University of Bath, Claverton Downs, Bath, BA2 7AY|
About Bath Dance
Bath Dance exists to increase and develop dance in the BaNES region. We have established strong partnerships and from a small base, delivered significant levels of activity over the last 4 years. We plan to continue this and will build on the work to date, focusing on these key interdependent strands:
- Artist/practitioner support & graduate retention
- Increasing participation across all age ranges
- Co-producing high-quality work to develop new audiences
- Organisational development towards future sustainability
Are you the right fit?
Bath Dance are looking for a warm, friendly, organised individual, who is passionate about dance and the arts in B&NES and is a self-motivated, highly experienced creative producer.
Do you have a degree in an arts subject and/or extensive professional experience in project management and working in partnership? Do you have experience working at a strategic level in development and planning with a focus on sustainability? Then this job might be for you!
• Self-motivator with the ability to work proactively on their own as well as managing a small team
•Excellent energy and ability to connect with others and create partnership opportunities
• Excellent ability to devise, create and deliver projects
• Ability to nurture others to come to their own realisations
• Proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to travel regionally and nationally
• Flexible towards working hours, with events at evenings and weekend
• Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and advocacy skills
• The ability to evaluate and make clear successful decisions in regards to the growth of business
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise a varied and diverse workload, working to deadlines, often independently and calmly under pressure
• Great business development skills to streamline procedures and help develop Bath Dance’s structure
• Strong negotiation skills
• Great leadership and motivation skills to get the most out of the Bath Dance team
• Excellent IT skills including spreadsheets, social media and database management
• Ability to create, control and monitor budgets
• Full driving license and access to a car
• Own laptop is essential
Typical weekly tasks will consist of:
•Strategically reviewing and devising the next phase of Bath Dance beyond Summer 2019 with sustainability being the main focus
• Meeting with and building pro-active partnerships with organisations that fit with the future vision and ambitions of Bath Dance
• Meeting with artists and championing connections, signposting and relationship building within the dance community
• Continuing to develop and implement the Bath Dance programme for the Bath Dance Thrive Project
• Actively networking and building a positive reputation for Bath Dance
• Managing the Bath Dance budgets and ensuring this correlates with the conditions of any funding terms
• Ensuring all monitoring and evaluation of the current project phase is recorded and kept up to date and in line with funder’s requirements which will include the end of project reports.
For the full Job Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are meant for the role as part of your application.
Applications need to be submitted by the 23rd February 2018 at 5pm
If you are successfully called in for an interview you will be required to do a 10-minute presentation demonstrating how you’d make Bath Dance more sustainable.
Focusing on improving capacity and efficiency, a stronger management structure and more accountability (e.g. for funders) to increase our visibility & brand & strengthen Bath Dance as an independent company.
Interviews will be held on the 8th March 2018 at The Edge, University of Bath