Bath Dance are Hiring!
Arts Administrator Needed
A 12-month freelance contract for an Arts Administrator at Bath Dance, supporting dance development in the Bath & North East Somerset area. The post will support the Creative Producer to deliver Bath Dance’s next phase.
|Job title:||Bath Dance Arts Administrator|
|Department/School:||Bath Dance, hosted at The Edge, University of Bath|
|Length of contract:|| Freelance contract, 12 months from January 2018
1 day per week (7.5hrs a week, including weekends and evenings as appropriate.)
£18,000 pro rata (project fee: £3,600)
|Location:||Hosted at The Edge, University of Bath, Claverton Downs, Bath,
Are you the right fit?
Bath Dance are looking for a warm, friendly and positive individual, who is passionate about dance and the arts and is a self-motivated arts administrator.
Do you have a Degree in an arts subject and/or equivalent professional experience in an administrative role, excellent organisational skills, and an eye for detail?
- Self-motivator with the ability to work proactively on their own as well as part of a team
- Excellent energy and ability to connect to others
- Warm, friendly and positive as will often be the first point of contact
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Proactive and flexible working approach
- Flexible towards working hours, with events at evenings and weekends
- Good communication, team work, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work on a number of projects at the same time and with accuracy
- Administrative skills
- Excellent IT skills including spreadsheets, social media and database management
- High-quality customer service
- Can think on their feet
As our Arts Administrator, you’ll play a vital role in the Bath Dance team, managing our day to day administration.
Typical weekly tasks will consist of:
- Contracting any practitioners or companies in line with the University of Bath contractual and payment processes. Support and training will be given by Creative Producer.
- Ensuring the current project phase is recorded and kept up to date and in line with funder’s requirements.
- Taking and writing up minutes for Bath Dance Board meetings
- Supporting Yama Dance 60+ Performance group with administration, promotion, marketing and collecting fees
- Organising and promoting our creative cuppa events
- Maintaining the new Bath Dance Website
- Designing our seasonal dance newsletter
- Actively networking and building a positive reputation for Bath Dance
For the full Job Description, please email email@example.com
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are meant for the role as part of your application. Applications need to be submitted by the 24th November 2017.
If you are successfully called in for an interview you will be required to do a 5-minute presentation demonstrating how you would improve Bath Dance’s social media presence and give an example of a week’s online activity.
Interviews will be held on the 7th December 2017